- VISION & MISSION
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- COLLEGE FACTS
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- AIDS AWARENESS CELL
- BAND AND MUSIC
- CAREER GUIDANCE
- CARMEL COUNSELLING CENTRE
- CATHOLIC LIFE
- CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- COMPUTER CLUB
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- HARMONY CLUB
- HUMAN RIGHTS CELL
- N. C. C.
- NATURE CLUB
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
- STUDENT CABINET
- WOMEN'S CELL
- WOMENS CENTRE
- PHOTO GALLERY
- BEST PRACTICES
Department of BBM
Change your thoughts and you change the world…
Moving beyond, Daring to think and Raring to act is the by word of management education today. The need of the hour is quality assurance in management education. New frontiers in management demand that management courses move from brilliance to excellence. This scenario makes the Business Management Department of St. Agnes College think of making the programme career oriented. In this pursuit the Department facilitates management students to acquire in-depth knowledge in business related issues.
The programme offered emphasises academic excellence without impairing the development of human qualities and internalization of values which is imperative in sculpting effective individuals of society. The programme strives for the overall development of students. The course provides a platform for experiential learning, through seminars, presentations, case analysis and Project work. The department is open to innovations in curriculum as well as Teaching, Learning and Evaluations; and the Syllabus is adequately supported by Honours Programmes and Certificate Courses.
The Department grooms students towards industry specific curriculum with focused approach on specific areas which are crucial in the management of companies. The companies such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Hewlett Packard have recruited students from this department. The Department strongly focuses on latest trends in management by continuously updating the syllabus in coordination with academic faculties as well as specialists from various industries who constantly guide the department to reach its objective of making able management professionals. The department gives practical exposure to students by making them visit both small scale and large scale industries. These field trips also aim at covering the aspect of social responsibility to ensure that students give importance to human approach. Project work is assigned with the objective of giving students on-the-job experience making them suitable for the job market. Personality is also looked into by keeping in mind different criteria of self-management.
The most distinct feature of the programme is that it offers dual specialization to the students to master their skills and encourages them in finding their areas in which they would like to become masters or in enabling them to choose a specific career option or in providing them the knowledge of their areas of higher studies. Co-curricular and extracurricular activities are inculcated in the curriculum system to enable the students to become effective leaders who are adept at taking calculative decisions. This awareness also helps them to select their job avenues or opt for higher studies. Since the department offers industry-ready curriculum, students get many placement opportunities and this enhances their career at the bachelor level.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- To acquire competence in the teaching learning and evaluation process.
- To enhance and update knowledge and skill in the related areas of specialization
- To pay personal attention and offer guidance to students
- To identify and help slow learners
- To excel in academics and achieve a higher percentile
- To develop language/ business/ soft skills
- To become socially sensitive and accountable to issues in life
- To enhance the development of presentation, accounting and analytical skills and hone creative thinking skills
The programme offered emphasises academic excellence without impairing the development of human qualities and internalization of values which are imperative in sculpting effective individuals of society. The Department grooms students towards industry specific curriculum with focused approach on specific areas which are crucial in the management of companies. Companies such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Hewlett Packard, IBM have recruited students from this department. The Department strongly focuses on latest trends in management by continuously updating the syllabus in coordination with academic faculties as well as specialists from various industries.
|Papers Offered||Activities||Staff Members|
Orientation for I BBM
An orientation was conducted for the new entrants in the department under the guidance of Mrs Chethana and Ms. Renny. The students were oriented about the course content and facilities of the College. Fun activities were conducted by the seniors. Alumni Ms. Renita D’Costa shared her experiences while in the college
The department organized guest lectures on the topics:
§ “Employment Opportunity through higher education – resource person Dr.Norbert Lobo;
§ “Cyber Crime” - resource person- Advocate Kishore D’Silva
The Department’s Management Forum under the guidance of Mrs. Shaila Kamath and Sr. Shermila A.C conducted departmental and intra collegiate competitions.
- Hard Sale on 24th September 2012: 13 teams of two members each participated.
- Business Quiz on 9th February 2013: 15 teams of two members each participated in 5 rounds
III BBM students visited HMT Industry Ltd. in Cochin, Kerala on 25th January 2013 and were aquainted with various industrial procedures and management techniques.
A Service Learning initiative was organized for Standard VIII students of St.Agnes High School on the topic of ‘The impact of advertisements on children’ on 4th March 2013
Seminars attended by Faculty
Ms. Deepa Kamath presented at a National Seminar on “Effective leadership-Organizational Change Management” at AIMIT-St.Aloysius College Mangalore on 7th and 8th February 2013.
She also attended a State Level Seminar sponsored by National Human Rights Commission -St.Agnes, Mangalore on 7th and 8th Mar 2013.
Seminars attended by Students:
· Riya, Prajna of III BBM attended a National Seminar on “Effective leadership-Organizational Change Management” at AIMIT-St.Aloysius College Mangalore on 7th and 8th February 2013.
· Sushritha and Heeba attended a career guidance workshop hosted by St.Agnes PG studies
· Ms. Deepa Kamath secured 6th rank in M.Com and 8th Rank in P.G.D.B.A in Kuvempu University
· I BBM Students participated in the Intercollegiate fest GENESIS organized by SDM College, Mangalore and Angel Rose and Parvathy won II Place in HR on date
· II BBM Students participated in the Intercollegiate fest NAKSHATRA organized by Karavali Group of Colleges and won Overall Championship with Individual prizes in Marketing, Finance, HR
· Uma .P of III BBM won III place in HR at Spin Out organized by St.Aloysius College.
· Shona and Tulsi of II BBM secured the 2nd place in Smart Chef Cookery competition hosted by Srinivas College
· Tulsi Rajkumar won the 1st place in Best Manager at Ignite held at Ramakrishna College.
· Alma Pais won 1st place at CanFest held at Canara college in the Ice Breaker event
· Likitha of I BBM participated in the Volleyball tournament organized by National Institute of Technology, Suratkal and won the 1st place
· Nesara of I BBM secured III place in Throwball tournament held at St.Aloysius College
· Vileeta Alvares of II BBM participated in the State Level Republic day Parade at Bangalore, NSS Bhavan from 12th to 26th January 2013. She also secured III place in the Madhusudan Kushe Inter Collegiate Throwball Tournament held on 7th February 2013
· Nireeksha Narayan of III BBM was selected in the campus interview held by IBM and was offered a role as Customer Care Executive.
|Sr.||SharmilaCelestine D'Souza A. C.||MBA|
|Mrs.||Neethu K. R.||M Com.|
|Ms.||Deepa Kamath||M. Com.|
|Sabina Joan D'Souza||M. Com.|