- VISION & MISSION
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- COLLEGE FACTS
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- AIDS AWARENESS CELL
- BAND AND MUSIC
- CAREER GUIDANCE
- CARMEL COUNSELLING CENTRE
- CATHOLIC LIFE
- CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- COMPUTER CLUB
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- HARMONY CLUB
- HUMAN RIGHTS CELL
- N. C. C.
- NATURE CLUB
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
- STUDENT CABINET
- WOMEN'S CELL
- WOMENS CENTRE
- PHOTO GALLERY
- BEST PRACTICES
Department of Computer Science
"Information Technology and Business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without talking about the other," said Bill Gates, the American business magnate and Chairman of Microsoft. While we must concede that Gates has hit the nail on the head about the importance of IT in the world of business, we cannot help but add that the importance of IT is no less noticeable in other fields as well. That is why Computer Science has irrefutable importance as a subject of study in educational institutions.
The Computer Centre of St. Agnes College was established in the year 1986. The Centre has 3 separate air-conditioned rooms for software practicals and one laboratory for hardware practicals.
Computer Science is being offered as one of the optional subjects for B.A and B.Sc. students since 1990. In 1994 the College introduced Computer Applications as a vocational course for the B.Sc's.
- To facilitate learning in students of Computer Science, by dedicated, knowledgeable, experienced and efficient teachers who not only love the subjects they teach, but also create a longing and enquiring mind in their students.
- To impart value based knowledge and encourage the students to be responsible citizens and also care for the less fortunate in society, on coming out of the portals of St. Agnes College.
- To acquire the programming skills for translating problems into algorithms and algorithm into programming language.
- To prepare to become efficient software professionals in the IT Companies.
Page Designing using Coral Draw by Mrs. Suparna Ajila
|Mrs.||Suparna Ajila||M. Sc., PGDCA|