- VISION & MISSION
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- COLLEGE FACTS
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- AIDS AWARENESS CELL
- BAND AND MUSIC
- CAREER GUIDANCE
- CARMEL COUNSELLING CENTRE
- CATHOLIC LIFE
- CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- COMPUTER CLUB
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- HARMONY CLUB
- HUMAN RIGHTS CELL
- N. C. C.
- NATURE CLUB
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
- STUDENT CABINET
- WOMEN'S CELL
- WOMENS CENTRE
- PHOTO GALLERY
- BEST PRACTICES
Department of Physical Education
The most important function of physical education is to provide the necessary physical environment which facilitates the all-round development of the idividual and makes her a good citizen in the true sense of the phrase.
St Agnes college students are provided with all these facilities and the encouragment to take part in physical education activities through out the acadmic year. Through the efforts of the Staff and Students and the Sports Association, sports has received due attention and a rightful place in the educational scenario of St. Agnes College
Sports and games are the index by which the prowess of the college is judged. The Physical Education Department has played a significant role in elevating the standard of games and has achieved excellence in sports and games.The number of students coming to the field has been on the increase every year.The students who get enrolled are interested in sports and games, are regular for practiceand, are dedicated and have achieved excellence in the sports field.
Encouragement has been given to the students to take part in sports activities by providing them sports kit, spikes, uniforms and bus fare whenever they come for practices during holidays.
· The Mangalore University Intercollegiate Cricket Tournament for women was hosted by St Agnes College on 30-31 January, 2015 on the college grounds. 12 teams participated in the Tournament.
The college organized late Mr. Madusudhan Kushe & Mrs. Sarojini Kushe intercollegiate Throw Ball Tournament for women on 15th December where 9 colleges participated
· The Annual Sports day was held on 12th December 2014. 27 teams marched to the tune of the band with UNO theme of Family Farming through creative props on their college uniform.
The Department of Physical Education has conducted 2-months Free Physical Fitness Training for 25 students and a Yoga Certificate Course for 10 students.
The college flag has flown high with the achievements in sport and games at the various events.
- In the intercollegiate Swimming Competition, held at Balavana, Puttur, Neha Benita, I B.Com. has won Gold Medal in 200 Mts Breast Stroke, Silver in 100 Mts Breast Stroke and 3 Bronze in 50 Mts. Breast Stroke and 100 mts. Back Stroke and 100 Mts. Free Style. St. Agnes College students were adjudged as Second Runners.
- In the intercollegiate Table Tennis Tournament, organized by Besant Women’s College, Mangalore, our students were the winners.
- In the Dasara and Open Tournament, held at Mangala Stadium, Mangalore, College Volleyball team has won (Dasara Taluk) I Place. & Dasara District Runners up, Table Tennis team (Dasara District) I Place.
- In the Dasara Division Tournament, held at Ajjarakadu, Udupi, College Table Tennis team has won I Place.
- Melisha Carol Pinto secured I Place in the Eden’s Inter-District Table Tennis organised by the Eden Aquatic & Sports Foundation, Mangalore on 1st July 2014.
- In the XI Mr. Madhusudan and Ms. Sarojini Kushe Throwball Touranment, held on 15th December 2014, our College Throwball Team secured III Place.
- To enroll maximum number of students in the department of sports and games.
- To elevate the standard of sports and games by providing proper coaching facilities.
- To bring laurels to the college by winning Inter-collegiate, Dasara, Taluk, District, State, National level, and other open tournaments.
To enroll students on sports quota and identify other students interested in sports with the help of value education teachers.
To hold inter class matches in various games before the inter collegiate tournament.
To provide intense coaching for one month to each team with the help of experienced coaches before participation in inter collegiate tournaments.
Physical fitness programme for indoor and outdoor games for students during the off-season period. To select students for various games and sports and
prepare them for the inter collegiate and other open tournaments.
To conduct Annual college sports day.
To hold medical inspection during the rainy season
List of Special Equipment
Carmel Gym: The Carmel Gym is open to students and staff members from 7.00am to 9.00 a.m. and in the evening from 4.00 to 6.00. The facilities available in the gym are,
High Jump Bed
High Jump Uprights
Computer with printer
There is a separate bathroom and toilet facility exclusively for the sports students. For drinking water aqua guard has been installed. Changing room with locker facilities has been provided for the students to keep their belongings safely.
Ms. Vasudha M. P Ed.