One day Field Trip for the III year Microbiology students was conducted to Nandini Milk Dairy, Kulshekar, Pilikula Nisargadhama-Planetorium , Gutthu Mane and Heritage village, on 3rd March, 2018.
At the Nandini milk dairy, students learnt the processing and pasteurization of milk. At Pilikula Nisargadhama Planetorium, the use of 3D glasses created a realistic image of formation of stars and galaxies.At Heritage village, students got an exposure to some of traditional aspects of Karnataka like pottery, hand loom weaving, pounding of beaten rice ,oil extraction.
The Department of Microbiology conducted a blood typing programme for the first year students of St. Agnes College during the months of June and July. It was done in the Microbiology laboratory I from 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. onwards. 39 students of the first year degree class and 29 students of St. Agnes Primary & High School, Bendore, Mangaluru availed this facility.
Intraclass Science Fest ZENITH 2017 - Treasure Hunt
A one day interdepartmental competition for science students was held on 10th August 2017. The Department of Microbiology organized the Treasure Hunt for the science students.
The Department organized an awareness talk on health and hygiene for the students of Psychology Forum of St.Agnes College on 15th July 2017.
Mrs.Vidya Patali along with 3 final year Microbiology students ( Dhanya, Deepthi and Kavya) took up session on various aspects of health and hygiene like health care, cleanliness and diseases, preventive measures, beneficial and harmful microbes etc.
- One student of the first year Microbiology class - Namitha Agnel participated in the Essay writing competition held on 23rd August 2017 at St.Aloysius degree college, Mangaluru
- One student of the first year Microbiology class - Suhani participated in the dance competition held on 1st September 2017 at Sri Ramakrishna college, Mangaluru
- One student of the second year Microbiology class - Renee Johnson participated in the Regional Level Quiz competition held on 17th August 2017 at Rosario College, Mangaluru
- Two students of final year Microbiology class - Mrunali and Sneha participated at the National level youth Parliament competition on 23th August -2017 at University College, Hampankatta, Mangaluru and won the second place
- One student of the first year Microbiology class - Priyanka D Almeida participated in Badminton held on 30th August 2017 at Mangala Stadium,Mangaluru. She also participated in the Marathon held on 12th September 2017 at Alva's College, Moodbidri
Seminar/Conference Attended by Students
3 students of final year Microbiology class- Dhanya, Deepthi and Kavya participated and presented 2 posters on the topic "Effect of Medicinal plants on bacteria" and "Study of effect of Rhizobia and Azotobacter and its study on plant growth" in the two day National conference "Reaching the unreached through Science and Technology: Recent Advances in Physical, Chemical, Mathematical and Biological Sciences for Energy, Health and Environment" held during September 8-9, 2017 at Mangalore University, Mangalore.