- VISION & MISSION
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- COLLEGE FACTS
- EXTENSION ACTIVITIES
- AIDS AWARENESS CELL
- BAND AND MUSIC
- CAREER GUIDANCE
- CARMEL COUNSELLING CENTRE
- CATHOLIC LIFE
- CERTIFICATE & DIPLOMA COURSES
- COMPUTER CLUB
- GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- HARMONY CLUB
- HUMAN RIGHTS CELL
- N. C. C.
- NATURE CLUB
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CELL
- STUDENT CABINET
- WOMEN'S CELL
- WOMENS CENTRE
- PHOTO GALLERY
- BEST PRACTICES
Teaching Learning & Evaluation
- Admission assemblies for parents and students for guidance and orientation.
- Admission on a preferential basis for top scorers, sports champions and physically/ socio-economically challenged.
Catering to Diverse Needs
- Regular Tutorials (LTP system).
- Creative and innovative strategies to cater to advanced/slow learners.
- Value-added courses to enhance personal and professional skills.
- Learner-centered activities like participative learning, interactive sessions, student seminars, case studies, project work, assignments, problem solving exercises, practicals/field work and use of audio-visual teaching aids.
- Blue Print of teaching schedule for the academic year.
- Teacher diary with personal information/achievements/academic growth/unitized syllabus/ teaching programme schedule plan/SOLs/students performance record/leave record/movement register/attestation by HOD/Principal.
- Augmenting of teaching/learning through the e-resources available in the library.
- Teacher quality is maintained through orientation sessions, observation of lessons and taking annual feedback from students
- IQAC promotes the growth of the teaching staff by organizing quality enhancement and teacher enrichment programmes regularly.
- Performance appraisal of the faculty is taken up with a view to enhance performance and quality.
- Buzz sessions and sharing of innovation and creativity in teaching and using contemporary techniques
- Faculty is encouraged to organize and attend international/national/state/regional level seminars/workshops/symposia.
- Faculty initiative and involvement in the field of watershed management earned the college the prestigious international Carter Partnership Award - Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Partnership award for Campus-community Collaboration 2006.
Evaluation Process and Reforms
- Components of CIA give scope for skill development of students. Eg. Pictorial/graphic/reporting type of assignments
- Prompt declaration of ESE results and redressal of students’ grievances build trust and confidence in the system.
Any Other Quality Initiative the Institution Practices
- Promoting student summer internship/fellowship.
- Guiding students to present papers at regional/state/national level seminars.
- Catering to advanced/average/slow learners through appropriate learning strategies.
Development of Infrastructure and Learning Resources
Physical facilities for learning:
- New building for Postgraduate studies.
- New building with A/C conference hall, MASCOM lab, Internet centre, Gym and indoor sports facility.
- Carmel Recording Studio.
- Language lab.
- Classrooms with adequate ventilation, lighting and provision for use of audio-visual aids.
- Well-equipped computer laboratory with need-based softwares.
- Optimal use of the auditorium, conference hall, classrooms, laboratories, playgrounds and other infrastructural facilities are made by the members of the institution and outside parties.
- The institution manages to serve as the centre for the IGNOU; houses a KSOU study centre and a Women’s Centre. All these cater, in different ways, to higher or vocational education.
Maintenance of infrastructure:
- Feedback regarding infrastructural facilities is regularly obtained from the users on the campus, which is useful to bring about changes.
- The maintenance and services of laboratories, equipments and other facilities have been rendered through annual contracts and on need basis.
- A system is in place for maintenance and repairs of equipments and infrastructure on a routine basis.
Library as learning resource:
- EasyLib facilitates users’ access to a variety of journals and information with ease.
- The library extends the use of its facilities to the IGNOU, the KSOU and the public.
ICT as learning resource:
- Edusat facility in collaboration with Environ, Chennai.
- Website is updated on a regular basis.
- Internet facility for all users in the campus.
- Multi media and audio-visual aids optimally used.
- Training rendered to the staff and students through computer literacy drive.
- Adequate facilities and amenities are rendered for effective teaching learning process.
Any other quality initiative the institution practices:
- Students manage the helpline functioning on the lines of co-operative store and the income generated is utilized for the education of needy students of the college.
Student Support & Progression
The college provides adequate student welfare measures to all students irrespective of caste, community, economic status and linguistic groups. The assistance rendered contributes towards the holistic development of students.
- Honours programmes/extra-curricular activities/certificate courses by IDBOS contribute richly towards leadership qualities, life skills and confidence building activities.
- Career guidance and information cell headed by a full time co-ordinator assists the students in the areas of higher studies and employment.
- Field visits/projects/internship augments progress to research activities.
- Scholarships/freeships/ fee concessions
- Finance for bus pass/books
- Mid-day meal/medical aid
- Students grievance redressal cell/sexual harassment cell/counselling cell
- Campus recruitments
- Participation in and organization of diverse cultural activities both at the intra and intercollegiate levels to promote interest in and respect for Indian tradition.
- Extensive participation and achievement in intercollegiate fests at university/state/national levels.
- Commendable performance in sports field at institution/state/national levels winning accolades for the college.
Quality initiative the institution practices:
- Sponsoring/supporting students to attend the national/international programmes.
- INSYNC an intra-collegiate co/extra-curricular event to ensure maximum participation of students of different streams giving them an opportunity to develop their organizational skills.
The college plays a major role in creating a conducive atmosphere for the overall growth of students be it in helping them financially/emotionally/academically. The various activities prepare the students to face the challenge and competition of the outside world.
Governance and Leadership
The Institution has certain best practices which are unique and include all stakeholders.
Institutional vision and leadership
- Annual planning and input programme for the development of staff.
- An outing for non-teaching staff, a day of recollection to strengthen spiritual life and the distribution of gifts at Christmas time are the annual features.
- Annual dry run inspection by the IQAC to assess and evaluate performance of the individuals, the departments and the institution as a whole.
- Quality circles ensure regularity and standards to be maintained in infrastructure/activities/programmes conducted.
- Student welfare officers efficiently manage and air the grievances at the redressal cell.
Strategy development and deployment
- Autonomy and PG programmes are the outcomes of perspective planning.
- Jointly laid out action plans and perspective plans give an opportunity for the faculty to participate in the decision making process.
- Continuous Education Programme – Literacy drive sponsored by the alumni is part of Centenary celebrations 2021.
Human resource management
- Vacancies are filled on a regular basis with the initiative and interest taken up by the management.
- Orientation and induction programmes are conducted for new recruits and new entrants of the college.
- Staff enrichment programmes are conducted for the growth and development of faculty.
Financial management and resource mobilization
- Budget allocation and optimum utilization of finances.
- Internal and external audit conducted on a regular basis.
- Mobilization of resources from various funding agencies/alumni/benefactors
Any other quality initiative the institution practices
- NAVIDAD charity programme.
- Recruitment of alumni as staff.
- Staff orientation and enrichment programmes.
- Regular parent teacher programmes
- Leadership training
- Family life education.
All the stakeholders and components of the institution come under internal or external evaluation, review and audit. Enlightened management requires that corrective measures are subsequently taken up, and checks and balances are built into the system itself.
The college takes initiative in promoting cordial relationship, conducive work environment and research culture, sense of belonging, quality performance and accountability in all its endeavours
Various departments in different areas of their curricula have identified best practices.
Curricular Design and Development
- Goals and objectives of the institution impressed upon primary stakeholders through PTA meetings/results programmes/interaction with the staff.
- Focus on local/regional/national/global needs and women’s empowerment.
- Awareness of human rights, civic consciousness, social justice, service to society, promotion of communal harmony and universal brotherhood.
- Importance for concepts like secularism, communalism, world peace, environmental issues.
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and employable skills.
- Interdisciplinary/value added/career oriented courses under the auspices of the IDBOS.
- Advantage of choosing specialization/electives.
Feedback on Curriculum
- Feedback from all stakeholders.
- Incorporation of suggestions from the feedback.
- Involvement of all staff members.
- Referred modules from universities in India/abroad.
- Revision of syllabus once in three years with a focus on thrust areas.
Any other quality initiatives that institute practices
- Implementation of autonomy.
- Inception of add-on programmes/courses.
- Introduction of PG programmes.
- Encouragement for research based assignments.
- Practical training through industrial/field visits.
- Promotion of environment awareness and citizenship.
The college has the satisfaction of churning out graduates and postgraduates who while gaining academic knowledge learn to be socially conscious, professionally competent and spiritually rooted. Education, after all, is not the mere filling of a pail, but kindling the fire of excellence in the pursuer.