The most important function of physical education is to provide the necessary physical environment which facilitates the all-round development of the idividual and makes her a good citizen in the true sense of the phrase.
St Agnes college students are provided with all these facilities and the encouragment to take part in physical education activities through out the acadmic year. Through the efforts of the Staff and Students and the Sports Association, sports has received due attention and a rightful place in the educational scenario of St. Agnes College
Sports and games are the index by which the prowess of the college is judged. The Physical Education Department has played a significant role in elevating the standard of games and has achieved excellence in sports and games.The number of students coming to the field has been on the increase every year.The students who get enrolled are interested in sports and games, are regular for practiceand, are dedicated and have achieved excellence in the sports field.
Encouragement has been given to the students to take part in sports activities by providing them sports kit, spikes, uniforms and bus fare whenever they come for practices during holidays.
- To enroll maximum number of students in the department of sports and games.
- To elevate the standard of sports and games by providing proper coaching facilities.
- To bring laurels to the college by winning Inter-collegiate, Dasara, Taluk, District, State, National level, and other open tournaments.
- To enroll students on sports quota and identify other students interested in sports with the help of value education teachers.
- To hold inter class matches in various games before the inter collegiate tournament.
- To provide intense coaching for one month to each team with the help of experienced coaches before participation in inter collegiate tournaments.
- Physical fitness programme for indoor and outdoor games for students during the off-season period. To select students for various games and sports and
- prepare them for the inter collegiate and other open tournaments.
- To conduct Annual college sports day.
- To hold medical inspection during the rainy season
List of Special Equipment
Carmel Gym: The Carmel Gym is open to students and staff members from 7.00am to 9.00 a.m. and in the evening from 4.00 to 6.00. The facilities available in the gym are,
- Skipping ropes
- Medicine Ball
- Exercise cycle
- Home gym
- High Jump Bed
- High Jump Uprights
- Weighing Machine
- Cross Bar
- Computer with printer
There is a separate bathroom and toilet facility exclusively for the sports students. For drinking water aqua guard has been installed. Changing room with locker facilities has been provided for the students to keep their belongings safely.
Ms.Vasudha - M. P Ed