HINDI SANGH - 'PRATHIBHA' ANNUAL REPORT 2016-17
Department of Hindi started an ECA named Hindi Sangh - 'Prathibha' this academic year 2016- 2017. Dr. Shailaja Rai is the staff coordinator and Aishwarya. S. Puranik was elected as the secretary for this ECA. Presently there are 50 students who enrolled themselves for this academic year.
The following are the activities organized:
1. The Hindi Sangh-"Prathibha" which was initiated this year 2016 was inaugurated officially on the 19-9-16, on the day of Hindi Divas celebration. Dr.B.R.Paal ,the Deputy Director(Official language) MRPL was the Chief Guest.
2. The Sangh has inculcated an activity i.e., 'Prathidin Ek Shabdh' (i.e, Word a Day) where each day a Hindi word with its meaning in English and kannada has been put up on the notice board near the college office for greater visibility. This is to create awareness among the students, teaching as well non - teaching staff to impart a basic understanding of Hindi vocabulary.
3. In the Sangh we started teaching students Hindi software Baraha through Hindi typing. It was taught every Saturday in the language lab in different batches. Every student has submitted their works which has been documented.
4. On 9-7-16 the Sangh conducted a creative writing competition for the students.
5. On 10-9-16 all the Hindi Sangh students collected and brought information about "Tourist places in Karnataka" which was the topic for bulletin board competition and displayed on the notice board.
6. On 3-12-16 all the Hindi Sangh students engaged themselves in cleaning the campus.
7. On 10-12-16 in collaboration with Kannada Sangh, Hindi Sangh organized a talk on photography and Mr. Ravi Posavanike, photographer of Times of India newspaper was the speaker for the program.
8. On 17-12-16 Hindi Sangh and Women Cell students visited St. Antonyís Poor Home as an extension activity. The students collected some useful items for the inmates and gave it to them after an interactive session with the inmates.
9. On 11-3-17 we organized the valedictory for this academic year.